Friday, February 6, 2009

Prawns with Pineapples in Sweet Sour Sauce

I'm a citrus person. I love anythin citrusy. I'm constantly thinking of how do i infuse citrusy fruits into my food. Today i decided i should add in some pineapples to my food. I know that i can use it anytime in my salad but today isnt so much of a salad day but more of a somethin under the water - prawns!

Ingredients:

Prawns
* shelled and deveined 
* marinate with salt and pepper ( i used freshly ground black pepper)

Method:
1) Heat butter over low heat and saute prawns until it turns pink
2) Dish out and set aside


Sauce
*
finely chopped onions
* finely chopped garlic
* sliced ginger
* tomato sauce
* chilli sauce
* water
* salt and sugar to taste
* cubed fresh pineapples
* sprigs of coriander for garnishing

Method:
1) Heat butter and saute the chopped garlic, ginger and onions.
2) Add in tomato and chilli sauce
3) Add in a little bit of water and let it simmer
4) Next, add in the pineapples
5) Let it simmer for a lil while more before adding the prawns
6) You can toss in some chopped coriander and spring onions, otherwise use it for garnishing.

It would be superb if you serve this dish while its hot with a plate/bowl of steamed white rice. This particular dish definitely got my bro goin for second serving of rice despite him wanting to cut down on food portion! Perhaps the next time around, i can add in some chopped bird eye's chilli to give this dish the spicy kick!


1 comment:

  1. Looks good. Looks good.

    I've got some pineapples sitting in the fridge. Perhaps would make the sauce you've written here. Great idea. Thanks hun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Technorati Profile