Monday, February 9, 2009

Corned Beef Fusilli Casserole

I've been doin a lot of food research, be it American dishes or cuisine of Argentina. I was very much intrigued by all the foods i came across. I've been meaning to try my hands on some casserole dish and finally today's the day. Since i've a new packet of rainbow fusilli in the kitchen cabinet so pasta casserole it is then.

I'm not so much of a cheese person but i couldnt help but prepare this dish for the family. I'd wanna know how it really tasted like though. From all the reading and the research of recipes i finally wanted to try out my version of casserole. Being part of my family means lab rat indirectly :P

I was feelin happy when i was preparing this dish. Perhaps its somethin new to me and i was like a lil girl, eagerly anticipatin for the final outcome of the dish.

I wanted to use some mince meat but too bad i couldnt get my hands on any, so i replaced it with corned beef. By preparing this dish im somewht breakin one of the household rules. My granny believes that those who practices Buddhism shouldnt be consuming beef. Me being the "black sheep" in the family, i decided that corned beef isnt as bad as the whole chunk of beef. Besides i dont really believe in what can we or can we not eat. Food is all the same to me.

INGREDIENTS:
* corned beef
* chopped onion
* finely chopped garlic
* butter
* Prego Sauce - (Tomato with Basil and Garlic)
* fresh chopped parsley
* shredded carrot
* chopped tomatoes
* freshly ground black pepper
* salt
* mozzarella cheese ( I used low-fat mozzarella cheese)
* cheddar cheese
* water/chicken broth
* rainbow fusilli
* virgin olive oil


Method:
1) Boil the pasta according to the packet instructions, 8-10 mins or until al dente and drain
2) Heat olive oil on a non-stick and add a bit of butter, saute the finely chopped garlic and onions
3) Add in the shredded carrot and corned beef
4) Add in some water/chicken broth and simmer it
5) Add in the can of Prego Sauce, chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper
6) Let it simmer, add in some butter if you like
7) Lastly season with salt to taste
8) Pour the drained fusilli into the non-stick and coat it with the sauce
9) Grease your bakeware according to the instructions and transfer the pasta into in it
10) Top it up with any choices of cheese ( I used mozzarella & cheddar)
11) Bake bout 20mins in the preheated oven, and you're ready to serve

I served this with some crunchy Romaine lettuce and chopped tomatoes.

2 comments:

  1. wowowoow you're so international now.

    Your family is lucky to have you as a chef!!!

    heehhe

    ReplyDelete

 
Technorati Profile