Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baked Spicy Tuna Stuffed Portobello

I have 2 more huge portobello mushrooms left in my fridge and i didn't want those meaty mushrooms to be beggin me to cook them! i was in some kinda desperation state when i saw the two round looking yummylicious thing lookin back at me. So i thought, it sure sounds like the right time to transform them into somethin pretty lookin edible grub on my plate! i didnt wanna make the usual easy Sauteed Portobello with short pasta. I remember i came across a recipe on tuna and portobello so i thought why not give it a try.

INGREDIENTS
* tuna in brine
* sour cream
* olive oil
* thyme leaves
* salt
* lemon juice
* garlic powder
* cayenne pepper powder
* finely chopped tomatoes
* finely chopped onions
* coarse black pepper

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
2) Season portobello with salt and pepper and bake it in the preheated oven for bout 10mins. Grease the bakeware with a lil bit of butter and drizzle some olive oil over the mushrooms.
3) Combine the tuna, onions, black pepper, cayenne pepper powder, garlic powder and a little bit of thicken light sour cream and a squeeze of lemon juice from a wedge.
4) Spread the tuna mixture over the portobello and topped it up with finely chopped tomatoes and some coarse black pepper and bake it for another 5-10 mins.

After i took it out from the oven, i added some freshly chopped thyme and cheese powder on it. I had it with some Romaine lettuce and some cherry tomatoes. I'm gonna minus the light sour cream i added to the tuna mix the next time i try this experimental creation again. The sour cream somewhat made it too creamy.

I'm not so much of a cream kinda person so it was a lil too much for the i'm-not-into-creamy-stuff taste buds, perhaps butter might be a better substitute . It was definitely peppery n spicy enough for my liking. Bro isnt a big tuna fan, so he had a miserable 1/4 of one of the portobello.

1 comment:

 
Technorati Profile