Thursday, February 19, 2009

Portobello & Bacon in Cheese and Herbs Sauce Fettuccine

I believe that preparing food that people crave for or wanna try out something new or simply just wanna eat might just unleash some hidden creativity there. I was giving my bro a few suggestions and he wanted carbonara but too bad the usual place where i shop for my grocery do not have any cream and without that i dont think i can make the basic carbonara.

Since no carbonara for my bro, i opted somethin close to it.

INGREDIENTS
* fettuccine
* sliced bacon
* butter
* sliced onions
* finely chopped garlic
* coarse black pepper
* extra virgin olive oil
* water/chicken broth
* portobello mushrooms
*chopped parsley
* Prego - Cheese & Herbs

Method:
1) Boil fettuccine until al dente and drain
2) Fry the bacon with a lil butter until crispy and set aside
3) Saute the garlic and onions in olive oil
4) Add the sliced portobello musrhooms and chopped parsley
5) Add the can of prego sauce and in some water or chicken broth
6) Next add the bacon and the fettuccine and simmer until the sauce thickens
7) Dish out and garnish with parsley and black pepper and some cheese powder if you like

This dish was too creamy for me and my mom and granny dont fancy it much as well. As for my bro, he didnt say much but kept diggin his plate. He definitely added more cheese powder and coarse black pepper to his pasta.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to beat mushrooms, bacon, cheese and pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe creamy overload...not for me either!

    looks good for those who enjoy these sort of meals tho.

    ReplyDelete

 
Technorati Profile