Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bread Muffin

Its been a while now that my granny has been sayin and asking when am i gonna bake bread for her. I finally did , a few days back but it was a failure. The outer layer was all soft and crunchy at the same time but it wasnt thoroughly cooked when it comes to the inside part. I was thinkin and tryin to figure out where i went wrong. As i was tryin to figure it out, i was hopin i've got a bread machine at home so that i dont have to worry bout the dough n the kneadin part.

Then i was comfortin myself by telling myself that, come on girl..Back then those bakers still manage to make soft, fluffy , beautiful lookin bread without the bread machine! Its a matter of practice, not just practice but perfect practice makes perfect bread!

I knew it was all bout my kneadin technique that caused the failure. I was pretty disappointed but that disappointment made me more determined in giving the bread recipe another shot.

Today after lunch, i tried my hands on bread making again. This time instead of poppin the bread batter into the bread loaf pan, i used the 12's muffin pan instead, therefore the name Bread muffin!

This time the bread turns out soft and beautiful with a layer of butter on it!

INGREDIENTS:
* 500gm bread flour
* 320ml water
* 20gm butter
* 60gm sugar
* 2 tsps instant yeast
* 6 X 1/4 tsp salt
* 2 X 1/4 tsp bread softener
* 6 X 1/4 tsp bread improver

Method:
1) Mix the bread flour and salt
2) Make a well in the flour, add the yeast, butter & water
3) Draw the flour into the liquid & work the mixture into a dough, add a little more flour or liquid as necessary
4) The dough should leave the table and sides cleanly. Knead until smooth, about 15-20mins
5) Cover with a damp cloth and let it rise under the sun for bout 45mins - 1 hour.
6) Bring the batter in and punch it a few times and shape into design you fancy and let it rise for another 20-30mins
7) Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C
8) Bake for bout 15-20 mins. (Note : You can brush the surface of the bread with butter before poppin it in the oven)
9) Take it out and let it cool
10) You can brush the bread with a lil butter on the surface and serve

I was really glad to see that smiling face of my granny when she saw the Bread Muffin when i took it out from the oven. At least now she can have some home made bread with my recent home made jam ( Coconut Egg Jam) ; instead of white sugar, i used soft brown sugar.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you're such a sweetheart and such a joy to have especially for your grandma.

    I love this post.

    Am very happy it all worked out.

    Never give up...practice makes perfect. You're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete

 
Technorati Profile