Friday, January 23, 2009

Coconut Cake with Hidden Treasure

Previously i did an entry on Coconut Muffins and i wasn't too pleased with how the muffins turned out, especially the texture; wasnt as moist and fluffy as i wanted it. Due to that i was even more determined to try that recipe out again but this time around i added a twist in it. I've included chocolate chips in the batter.  

Instead of using the muffin cups i opted the rectangular non-stick bakeware i bought previously.

As for the batter, i used the same Coconut Muffins recipe but with a slight change. I've added more milk this time, bout 1/4 cup more and a lil bit more of the desiccated coconut in the batter.

Before pourin the batter into the bakeware, brush it with melted butter or marjerin, in my case, i used marjerin.  I baked it for bout 25mins.

I was pleasantly surprised and pleased by how the texture of the cake turned out! I thought 3rd's a charm but i suppose its not applicable in my case. I definitely cant wait to bake again!

Baking taught me so much more than just following the precision of ingredients used in the recipe. Patience is definitely a virtue in bakin and determination is another plus point in striving to achieve perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Technorati Profile