Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blueberry Muffins

This is my second attempt in bakin muffins and boy am i glad i got it right this time! Though there are still a lot of space for improvement but im so glad i got the basic done, at least the muffins rose unlike the previous one where it sunk in the middle, causin the whole muffin too sweet to consume.

I think i figure out why my first attempt in bakin failed miserably. i was too experimentive (not sure if there's such word), i substituted corn oil with olive oil! look at how crazy i can get. you cant blame me though, i dont have any corn oil at home and i dont wanna be using the cookin oil - palm oil. Perhaps there were more factors that contributed to the failure than the substitution of oil!

I learnt my lesson and in today's baking session, i used corn oil instead of olive. Previously i used a muffin mix, as the same as today's blueberry muffin. I thought i should start of with a muffin mix first then only i start from scratch once im familiar with baking. I cant wait till i bake next. Its gonna be from the scratch the upcoming ones.

Today i baked a dozen of muffins and i suppose i can bake more with a muffin pan with the same amount of batter. Talkin bout muffin pan, i was tryin to talk my mom into allowin me to get a few muffin pans and besides with that i can save on the muffin bakin cases. 

So with this muffin mix, all i added was corn oil, milk, eggs and blueberry paste. And it took me bout 45 minutes at bout 175 C. There was no written instructions on the temperature and the duration of baking so i was constantly checkin the muffins with the cake tester i bought earlier.

For display and food photography wise, i should at least frost the cake but i'm not a big fan of frosting and besides i think frostin would be good on cupcakes and not muffins. Muffins are less sweet than cupcakes otherwise its similar

1 comment:

  1. muffins are good. cupcakes are good too. muffins that have coconut are even better.

    you're such a baker these days;)

    can't wait for next post:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Technorati Profile