Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sushi

To be honest, i've been procrastinating on sushi making for almost a week now and i thought since i'm rather free today , then this should be the day where this little novice chef embark upon a new challenge - sushi.

I love sushi and i was a lil unsure of how it would turn out. i did some research and read a lil about sushi and everythin i need to know to come out with a decent looking and tasting sushi. I really had fun learning, from the various types of sushi and its name to the process of making each different type of sushi.





Over here, i've a few varieties of sushi. I'll start off from the far left, my very own version of Nigirizushi. Usually the toppings for Nigiri are typically raw fish such as tuna, salmon or other type of seafood. I've made 3 different toppings. The first one i topped with pan-fried marinated pork fillets, the second one i had a filament sticks (crabstick) and the third one i had cucumber and carrot on, all are bound to the rice with a thin strip of nori.

Next, starting from my far left, i have the California maki. Usually its done the Uramaki style but i made it the other way round where i have the nori outside ( Mazi zushi ). In the center, i have the sesame coated Uramaki with crabstick, cucumber and carrot. On my right, that's my crabstick + mayo Gunkanmaki . And the last one at the bottom , that would be another creation of mine with the combination of cucumber, carrot and pan-fried marinated pork fillet.

I wanted to experiment more and have more varieties but since it was my first attempt, i prepared just enough to experiment on it. For a first timer, i was definitely pleased with the end result. There will definitely be another sushi post in the future where i'll be featuring tamago and hopefully the original/typical nigirizushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Technorati Profile