Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mini Chocolate Stout Muffins

Its been a while since i heard or read blogs bout fusing alcohol with food items and i'm really intrigued by it. I've bookmarked a few but never really got down to try it out until this rainy afternoon. I got this recipe over Epicurious. As usual, instead of the whole tray of cake, i made it into mini muffin cups so that its easy to serve and also i dont haveta cut the whole tray of cake my way! :)

The recipe i followed yield 12 servings and by looking at the measurement, it sure was alot for my family so i halved the ingredients used. Since i adopted this recipe, i'll not repeat the ingredients and the methods here.

This particular recipe comes with an icing recipe but i omitted it since i wasn't in much mood for too sweet stuff. No doubt i love to look at beautiful decorated muffins/cupcakes but when it comes to eating all those frosting, i'm really thinking twice. I tried once a big "rose frosting" and i gotta say it was (frosting) too much for me, perhaps i'm gettin real old over here and i'm loosin the craving for sweet, soft and fluffy stuff.

For those that loves chocolate and stout at the same time, this is definitely the recipe to go for. It was really moist and the flavour was superb! I actually find that the mini muffins actually tasted better the next day! I suppose all the flavour settled down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Technorati Profile