Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Potstickers


I injured my thumb while i was preparing this but that didnt stop me from completing my mission.

To be honest, I wasnt totally happy to see the end result though, some how i felt that i could do better in terms of appearance wise and also the filling. The filling suppose to be spicy minced meat but it wasnt that spicy, but its ok cuz then my mom can really enjoy it for she's not a big fan of spicy stuff. 

This also known as gyoza but my family members find it hard to pronounce or even remember so i told them its like our version of "wan tan".

For this, i first stir-fried the fillin first before i fill it up. Mayb next time i could jst wrap the raw ingredients in the gyoza and pan-fry it. Previously i deep-fried my gyoza and this is how it looks like. 

This deep-fried version i have over here is rather too "brown", for those who intend to deep-fry it, its best to keep an eye on it n not divert you attention to some other stuff like me! I actually left my gyoza floatin in my freakin hot pan while i was mincing the garlic away, bad idea to kill two birds with one stone when you're cookin! of course if u're a real pro then perhaps one can juggle wth it.

Anyway, since the pan-fried gyoza isnt up to my expectation, im plannin to finish up my gyoza pastry skin tomorrow with a new fillin inside. Mayb i can fill it up wth sweet potatoes.. i jst love sweet potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Technorati Profile